Thursday, July 5, 2012

HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT MY POSTS ON THIS BLOG HAS TAKEN A SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT BEND?

Some days ago, someone sent me a message. She was confused about my blog and Facebook page, Engagement Ink. I wrote this piece for her and all readers of this blog. By the way, I’d give anything to have ten people LIKE my Facebook page on Engagement Ink for this month of July.

The focus group of Engagement Ink

Engagement Ink is focused on the family and family institutions, and indirectly on you. It starts right from the wedding day. We love to share our beautiful memories. One of the most memorable in our lives are wedding days. How would you be able to share those memories successfully on the Internet and with your friends online if your photos do not come out very well, if they are not well illustrated and if your videos do not get to all of them? Engagement Ink was created to fill that need. Engagement Ink can also be used for other occasions like photos and videos for events, anniversaries etc.

The principal work I do on Engagement Ink is to process your photos and edit your videos, place them online and make sure your friends and relatives get to enjoy them online as they are used to offline, (if distance and time would permit).

So, recently, you must have noticed that I have integrated a cartoon column and a regular post I have tagged: “This week on my newsfeed street.”

The cartoons are to share marriage and wedding anecdotes; the viewpoints of the cartoonist which Engagement Ink also shares. I believe you will find them valuable. The “this week on my newsfeed street” series was begun because of the dearth of photo materials on weddings and families, a problem I am having, and you know, opportunity and preparedness go together so I have to be practicing on my photo editing skills while waiting for you, the opportunity, to give me an offer of processing your eventful photos and videos for online enjoyment. So the series are practice sections.

Without media, how boring social media would be

Photos and videos are the mainstay of the internet; without them, we’d have only lines and lines of boring text. So, whatever you do on Facebook, Myspace, LinkedIn or whichever site on the internet, you must need a photo editor and you should need me. Also, my services are affordable. Why not stop by the Engagement Ink Facebook page and go through some of the older postings; I’d recommend that you start with the Photos app on it. I have two mature service offerings right now, a Basic and Premium service for post-weddings.

Conclusions

Some of you must have received emails from me. I cannot use your photos for the “newsfeed street” series without seeking your permission, although the use is non-commercial. I envision a situation in the future where more photo editors will understand the importance of posting images with visual and aesthetic beauty and join in my work, then we’d see more photos of Nigerians and Lagosians looking not worn and weary, which is not the normal, but enhanced, optimized and looking their best, which you will find when you browse the photo galleries of people from other countries. I wonder why we should be different?

So, in a nutshell, this is what Engagement Ink represents.

Questions anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments