Friday, June 22, 2012

INTERESTING PICTURES ON MY NEWSFEED STREET THIS WEEK OF JUNE 21.

The first interface that appears on my Facebook each time I log in is the newsfeed where you receive the status updates from your network of friends and contacts. I have noticed that one particularity of that feed or street, my own parlance, are text and images and because I am a graphics artist, I tend to have a more than the casual eye for photos. I have also noticed that most of the photos that are uploaded on that street are from Mobile devices.

That is where the problem arises. Most of the photos uploaded from the mobile devices have some quirks or the other because they were not processed by the uploader. Some tend to be depressing or dark, some tend to be overexposed, while others have color blending problems or lack contrast.

I believe that whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well. If first impressions matters, then every impression on my newsfeed is a first impression on Facebook.

So I decided to help. I selected some photos and retouched them and wrote to the uploaders about my work. One of them thanked me heartily, which I appreciated, although the other two have not replied.

The Photos I retouched.

The first photo was that from a woman who looked beautiful in a rural setting sort of way. I liked her immediately I saw her because she came to me as somebody who is frank and down-to-earth.

Her photo though had some faults.

This is the original.

The original overexposed image
First, the color range of the photo above is distorted. You tend not to like how the camera brought out the face. So, I fixed that. The bright lights on her face made her look unappealing; there were so much light irregularities. The contrast also did not come out well. I fixed them also.

This is the final result.

The photo above now processed with GIMP
If you ask me, I will tell you that I spent more than a considerable amount of time on her that I decided that leaving the pimple marks as-is would save me time for other things.

The second photo.

Sometimes, children make us remember the days of innocence. This one did.

The original photo of the innocent child.
The picture is nice looking but the image was also dark with shadows like the one above. The contrast was blurred and that made the face look depressing when taking the background that was bright into view. So I decided to work on it. The background also lacked well defined contrast and I set it also.

You can see the final work below.

The boy's photo processed
The final result made the young boy look intent, intense and determined. Just look at the eyes!

The third picture on my newsfeed street.

The third picture I decided to retouch was that of a young woman who looked set and determined to make it in life.

The original photo
The image was striking and I had to make a comment on it on her Facebook page. It lacked enough lights and that made the photo look blurred somehow. I had to fix that. The face was dark and downhearted compared to the wall and background. I fixed that. I decided to try two tones for the photo to see how she would look. I thought she could make for some model. I also set the contrast for the photo.

I am sure you will like the work.

The first result.

The photo above processed. This one wasn't toned.
See how her face is now bright and she became darkly beautiful.

The second result. I toned this one.

The second processed photo. This one was toned.

I can also work for you.

I see lots of photos on my newsfeed street that needs retouching a lot. Maybe yours needs some post-processing work to look better. Remember, on Facebook, every impression is a first impression and first impressions count.

How much will it cost you?

Only one hundred naira (N100.00). It’s just for network time and for my efforts. I am doing it for you as my friends that is why you come across my newsfeed street. If you are interested in processing your photos, just message me on Facebook; I prefer Facebook because it is tied to my mobile number. Note too that I go to work from noon and return home at about 10:00pm in the night; although the work is just below the old minimum wage, it is still something. So, just message me on Facebook and attach the photos and leave an easily reachable mobile number so I can sms you when I am through processing them. I prefer you pay me cashless (Visa Classic, Naira mastercard, paga etc). Cashless reduces the burden of paying and is easier for a hundred naira.

Remember, first impressions count. Don’t leave your photos as-is when you can add value to them with a little processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments